Museopedagogy and Augmented reality: recognizing museums as educational spaces
Start: 01-11-2019 – End: 31-10-2021
Project Reference: 2019-1-EL01-KA201-062965
EU Grant: 266925 EUR
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for school education
Culture constitutes the great wealth and driving force of the European Union. Indeed, just the former year, 2018, was declared as the European Year of Cultural Heritage, thus wishing to stimulate action but also to enhance the value of culture in developing a common European identity and a sense of belonging to the EU citizens.
The present proposal seeks the convergence of culture and education through the creation of an integrated educational program for the younger audience and especially the school and preschool audience provided in small museums, mainly in the province, of EU countries, using modern technology with emphasis on augmented and mixed reality. The partnership of this project has been formed with the participation of academic partners, small and large-scale museums, technological bodies along with secondary schools.
The present project hopes to turn the school visit to the museum into a stunning, charming and enjoyable learning process through an application and a game appropriately designed for school education and for its use in the educational process of the classroom providing the opportunity for experiential practice and play in the museum. The target audience is the whole school community, but mainly focusing on children, teenagers and teachers in the areas of the partners.
In order to achieve the objectives of the project, a set of activities will be set up concerning both the implementation and the subsequent exploitation of its results.
The following results are expected from the implementation of the project:
- A guide to museum education with the use of modern technology
- Virtual tour platform tailored to school education
- Game with enhanced and mixed reality technology
- Application for smartphones and tablets with access both to the platform and the game
Apart from the partner schools involved in the project, it is planned to inform the school community of the region of each partner museum with an invitation to visit and use the integrated educational program. The outcomes of the project will be available at no cost, both during the project and for three years after the funding period for further elaboration.
By implementing the project, the following objectives are expected to be achieved:
- shaping the perception of small and medium-sized museums as places of learning, especially in the province of EU countries
- highlighting the potential of technology as a means of promoting and learning about Europe’s culture
- highlighting the potential of technology as a means of attracting children and young people to the cultural wealth of Europe
- the promotion of educational programs provided by museums as additional to the education taking place in the classroom
- developing co-operation between museums and school communities to provide modern education
- redefining small and medium-sized museums in the province of EU countries as attractive destinations for children and youth
- RESEARCH CENTER OF MUSIC, MUSEUM VASILIS TSITSANIS – GREECE
- ANAPTIXIAKO KENTRO THESSALIAS – GREECE
- IMC FACHHOCHSCHULE KREMS GMBH – AUSTRIA
- STICHTING HOGESCHOOL VAN AMSTERDAM – NETHERLANDS
- Liceo Classico Federico Frezzi – Beata Angela – ITALY
- Kunstmeile Krems Betriebs GesmbH – AUSTRIA
- EUROPEAN GRANTS INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY SRL – ITALY
- STICHTING NATIONAAL CENTRUM VOOR WETENSCHAPS- EN TECHNOLOGIECOMMUNICATIE – NETHERLANDS
- MOUSIKO SCHOLIO TRIKALON – GREECE
- Associazione Culturale Palazzo Lucarini Contemporary – ITALY
Post a comment